Dalyan is a village in the District of Ortaca, Muğla Province, Turkey. Köyceğiz Lake Dalyan is located in this town. It would be wrong to describe there only as a natural wonder. Because this is also a fairytale-like town that stands against industrialization. Read on to learn more about Dalyan.
About Dalyan in Turkey
Dalyan is located on the main canal connecting Köyceğiz Lake and the Mediterranean Sea. Iztuzu beach, where the Dalyan channel reaches the sea, is one of the beaches where Caretta Carettas, sea turtles, lay their eggs. The ancient city of Kaunos is also in Dalyan. The town has a population of around 8,000. Although it is close to many famous tourist centers, it is relatively less developed in terms of tourism. The reason for this is that Dalyan is located 12 km from the main road.
As the name suggests, the important income of Dalyan in the past was fishing, cotton farming was in second place. Today, the most important economic activity is tourism. There are over 100 accommodation places, over 20 restaurants, many travel agencies, and shopping places in there. The blue crab is famous.
Location and Population of Dalyan
This is a village in the District of Ortaca, Muğla Province, Turkey. Its population is about 5 thousand. A large number of foreign nationals also live there. As the name suggests, the most important income of Dalyan in the past was fishing. Cotton farming was in second place. Today, tourism has taken the front row. Numerous accommodation facilities were built. However, the majority of the facilities are small family-run. It currently has a total bed capacity of over 10 thousand.
Weather and Climate
Dalyan, which is sheltered against the winds because it is surrounded by mountains, has a typical Mediterranean climate. Summers are hot and dry, while winter months are warm and rainy. In there, one of the towns where the sea season opens early, you can swim from April to November.
About Dalyan: Quality Life
This district, located in Muğla, is also a peaceful town that is not very crowded. Here people are mainly engaged in agriculture and fishing. Many of the protected areas are filled with pomegranate and citrus fields. It has remained intact due to Turtle beach, which has been granted the status of a Special Environmental Protection Zone. However, the construction of housing in this place, which is the habitat of turtles, is quite limited. In other words, environmental protection activities there are carried out in a much more comprehensive way than in many other regions.
Things to Do
There are many activities to do there. Some of them are as follows:
- Caretta, Caretta Festival: This festival is held once a year. It is great entertainment where Turkish pop singers entertain the audience for free. It takes about 3 days.
- The Saturday Market: It is the local Saturday market of Dalyan. Locals work and shop here. There are even those selling pancakes and ice cream between the market stalls.
- Turtle Beach: The other name of this beach is Iztuzu beach. It is a 30-minute boat ride from the town.
- Relaxing Nightlife: On the main street of Dalyan, bars and restaurants are open until the early hours of the morning. However, there are also different playgrounds for children. It is also possible to spend a calmer night here. You can relax in the lively bars, as well as in the tranquil restaurants and cafes.
- Daytrips to Lake Koycegiz: Among the most frequent day trips in Dalyan are trips to mud baths. Mud baths in Köyceğiz Lake are very popular. After this activity, you can bathe in the Sultanye thermal springs.
Real Estate in Dalyan
There is a very calm, serene, and unwritten life in Dalyan, Muğla. This place has much more than a holiday destination you go to for 1 week. Dalyan is not an Kaş or a Marmaris, not a Çeşme or Alaçatı. Here you will not find fancy and luxurious beaches. In any case, those living in Dalyan do not have such an expectation. The lack of such fancy and noisy places makes there even more attractive.
Due to all these reasons, the number of people who want to live here is increasing day by day. Therefore, real estate sales in Dalyan are also increasing. MEK Real Estate is finding affordable and luxurious residences in this beautiful town for you. It offers you the opportunity to have a home that is both comfortable and very affordable. If you want to get information about real estate in Dalyan prices, contact us.